Hood River Valley High School AP Art students, including Keyla Ramirez at left and, at right, Miles Del Angel, Bella Soth, Karina Barrientes, Duyen Nguyen and Scarlet Caudill ready for their weekend show at Tokki Art Supply, 409 Oak St., Hood River, on June 1. Students held a well-attended o…
Lisa Lynne began her Hands on Harps tour at the Hood River Library, located on State Street, April 21. Lynne and husband Aryeh Frankfurter showcased their skills and taught about a dozen community members how to play the harp. The tour continues at several other locations throughout Oregon.
Three students from Hood River Valley High School were selected as this year’s winners in the Hood River County Reads poster contest. The posters feature artwork inspired by Brian Fies’ graphic memoir “A Fire Story,” this year’s book. Yesenia Alaniz took first, Hayden Faaborg second and Emil…
Hood River Valley High School’s theater department will present the musical, “Theory of Relativity,” beginning this weekend in the school’s Bowe Theater.
We met them in 2014 as kindergartners: Six youths from Hood River County who are now in the eighth grade. Each fall, we get to talk with them again: Jess Aubert of Parkdale, Diego Bustos of Hood River, Jaden Evans of Cascade Locks, Jack Miller of Hood River, Sofia Rodriguez of Odell and Nich…
Wy’east class of 1970 held its 50th plus 1 reunion Sept. 10-11. The class of 1970 was the last graduating class from Wy’east High School. Pictured are, bottom row, left to right, Tom Sheirbon, Eric Mortenson, Gary Willis, Loyd Dillenbeck, and Steve Curtiss; second row, Carol Hukari Garibay, …
Last season, while most sports teams were on the benches due to COVID, the Hood River Valley High School Speech and Debate Team continued to meet and compete virtually, attending more than 16 tournaments, many of them spanning two days and with weekend commitments. The team went on to become…
Hood River Valley High School Performing Arts Department presents “Puffs: Or Seven Incredibly Eventful Years at a Certain School of Magic and Magic” this weekend and next, Oct. 29-30 and Nov. 5-6 at 7 p.m., and Oct. 31 at 2 p.m.
How does a high school performing arts department put on its annual winter play during a pandemic? If you’re Hood River Valley High School Theater Arts Teacher (and Tony Award winner) Rachel Harry, you make it into a film.
A screenshot of Hood River Valley High School Speech and Debate member Jacob Kaplan competing in the Wilson Speech and Debate Tournament Nov. 14. All competitions are currently virtual due to COVID. Kaplan took first place in Open Informative Speaking at the Nov. 14 Wilson Speech and Debate …
Officials of the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) named Hood River County School District (HRCSD) student Jacob Kaplan a semifinalist in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program on Sept. 9.
Not day-to-day, but week-to-week, comes the timeline on a decision for when elementary kids in Hood River County School District might return to in-person learning.
Donated books and bags of Lego toys are going out to Hood River County children in a partnership between Hood River Library District and Library Foundation and Hood River County School District.
The Hood River County Education Foundation (HRCEF) board approved a $20,000 gift to Hood River County School District (HRCSD) to support distance learning efforts in its Monday, Sept. 14, meeting.
- Mental Health Therapist (School Based) - Goldendale School District
- COMMUNITY WORK INCENTIVE COORDINATOR
- CHIEF PROBATION OFFICER Adult
- TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE Hood
- Join the Columbia Bank
- CASE MANAGER Senior Services
- 4-H PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Come Work with Us!
- HOOD RIVER COUNTY IS
- TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
Headlines straight to your inbox!
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Woman dies in fall
- Poachers pay more than $15,000 for taking bull elk, buck deer
- Bridge of the Gods tolls change July 1
- Bears sighted in White Salmon
- Kreps comes full circle, retires as Bruin AD
- Rand Road developers modify unit numbers in favor of funding
- Cascade Farm and Outdoor store opens in Hood River
- Columbia River Gorge celebrates July 4 with parades, fireworks
- Man arrested after pulling unloaded gun in downtown Hood River
- Heat Advisory issue through 10 p.m. Monday
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Hood River photographer wins grand prize in Friends of the Columbia Gorge photo contest
- ‘The show goes on’ with The Dalles Civic Kids Children’s theater
- Entertainment Update
- Darcelle XV returns to Route 30 for Pride Month
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Washougal
- Police reports, for June 29, 2022
- State forestry announces beginning of fire season regulations
- $195 million grant request for Hood River-White Salmon bridge receives federal delegation support