What’s Happening is a free service of Columbia Gorge News and may be edited for length. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOOD RIVER — Riverside Community Church, United Church of Christ, with the support of community partners, will host a free meal from noon to 3 p.m. On Thursday, Nov. 24, Thanksgiving Day.
Ageless Awards Friday; Eden Grow Systems hosts open house; Thrive HR celebrates 45th; Coat drive at Cousin’s; Bookmobile stops at community park; Free community playgroup meets
Unit 20, ORE meets Nov. 15; St. Mary’s hosts harvest fest; Energy Assistance applications available; Wilhite at The Dalles Art Center Nov. 17; St. Mark’s hosts holiday bazaar; Coming up at TD Library; FVRLibraries host teen writing contest
Spaghetti and live music benefit; HR Museum hosts annual fundraiser; Wizard of Oz auditions open to kids; Radio Tierra hosts AGA book talk; Coming up at TD Library; RAGS hosts amateur radio tech license class; Movies at the Cascade Locks library
HOOD RIVER — Aging in the Gorge Alliance (AGA) llevará a su comunidad el libro "Juntos" del Dr. Vivek Murthy ("Juntos") al programa Entérate de Alejandro Aguilera en Radio Tierra el 9 de noviembre a las 6 p.m. Se invitará a los oyentes a llamar para la discusión, y los pasajes del libro se l…
Head to The Dalles-Wasco County Library to join master storyteller William Kennedy Hornyak on a journey of haunting stories, poems and historical lore in celebration of the Celtic New Year of Samhain (Halloween) on Saturday, Oct. 29 at 3 p.m. This free event is for all ages.
History Museum of Hood River County presents Hidden History: Music in the Gorge with Mark Steighner on Thursday, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m., in person or on Zoom (bit.ly/3PDTtby).
Voter registration Tuesdays at library; Unit 20, OREA meetings resume; Circles of Care HR, TD seeks volunteers; PRIDE book club; ‘Spooktober’ movie nights at library; ‘Church of the Wild’ at Riverside; Submit Halloween, Vets Day notices now
This year’s KOOBDOOGA (A Good Book, read backwards) book selection is “The Eagle Tree” by Ned Hayes. This book is about a 14-year-old autistic boy who knows everything there is to know about trees, his passion and obsession.
Families in the Park: Tonight, Thursday, Aug. 11, it's Soul Vaccination at Jackson Park, Hood River. Soul Vaccination is a 12-piece soul and funk band. Music starts at 7 p.m., and the event is free.
Author Larry Lyon — who lived in The Dalles for 25 years and now lives in Boulder City, Nev. — is returning to the Gorge in August to talk about his book, “1930: Manhattan to Managua, North America’s First Transnational Automobile Trip.”
The first presentation will be at Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum, 1600 Air Museum Road, Hood River, at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 13 — part of the museum’s monthly Second Saturday events.
Summer visitors to Stonehenge Memorial, which overlooks the Columbia River near Goldendale, may have noticed some unexpected color among the site’s usual gray and brown landscape: Red poppies.
Maryhill Museum of Art hosts the Festival of Fiber Arts on Saturday, Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the culminating event of the community-based art project, Exquisite Gorge Project II: Fiber Arts.
THE DALLES — Home at Last Humane Society, 200 River Road, is holding its monthly Clear the Cans event Saturday, July 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, July 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Stevenson Grange No. 121's 2022 Community Resiliency programs continue with “Meditation 101,” an online presentation by Melissa Mattern, who has more than 1,000 hours of professional training in mantra meditation, mindfulness meditation, and brain improvement techniques. Attendees can pre-re…
Local author Laurie Wilhite will share stories, photos, and videos from her book “Paddle to the Pacific” at the Goldendale Library, 131 W. Burgen St., Goldendale, on June 23 at 7 p.m. in the Camplan Room. Stories will include fresh bear tracks, surprise waterfalls, and how she faced wind, wa…
Four private gardens in White Salmon will be open to the public during the 2022 Central Gorge Garden Tour, presented by the Central Gorge Master Gardener Association on Saturday, June 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The 72-Hour closure of the Hood River-White Salmon Interstate bridge that was planned for June 10-12 has been rescheduled due to weather forecast of rain this weekend.
- Mental Health Therapist (School Based) - Klickitat County Washington
- Tasting Room Associate PT & FT
- CRISIS DIVISION MANAGER/ DCR
- Now Hiring: Special Education Nurse for White Salmon School District
- PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE Public
- OPERATIONS MANAGER Thrive Hood
- Bottling Plant Line Mechanic
- FOOD BLOG CONTRIBUTORS Do
- Now Hiring: Special Education Paraeducators for White Salmon School District
- OPERATIONS MANAGER
Sign Up For Newsletters
Columbia Gorge News
Sign up to receive notifications when a new Columbia Gorge News e-Edition is published.
Would you like to receive our news updates? Signup today!
Receive weekly updates on obituaries and death notices.
Oregon Capital Press
Oregon Capital Press presented by Columbia Gorge News
Receive updates on upcoming promotions and special sections.
Receive weekly updates on local sports news.
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Death notices and service announcements: Nov. 23, 2022
- Gorge Local - In Business: Downey Furniture starts third generation of family legacy with new owners Debbie, Bob
- Obituary: Chris Kastner
- Obituary: Leora Ramsay
- Obituary: Jerry C. Urness
- The Dalles High School Class of 1952 celebrates 70th
- Obituary: Carlos Oriz Jr.
- Family night to follow Starlight Parade
- Lake Taco launches Kickstarter to fund new downtown space
- Lead investigator in 1998 Klickitat murders shares his story ahead of Neal hearing
- Community roundtables childcare issues
- The City Council: A fictional narrative of rural life in the American West: Episode 201: The Stereopticon
- Kegler's Corner: Happy Thanksgiving
- Education Corner: Looking for gratitude
- This week in history: Nov. 23, 2022
- Coats for Kids and Skyline’s Winter Outerwear Drive support communities
- Red Cross Cascades responding to more home fires year over year
- Senior News: Learn to cope with the holiday blues