Marvin and Ruth Turner celebrated 70 years of marriage Dec. 27. The couple was married in 1950 at Asbury United Methodist in Hood River. They are retired educators, Marv as principal at Westside Elementary and Ruth as an elementary and reading teacher. They have two children, Tom and wife Nancy of Redding, Calif., and Susan of Portland.
This year our dine and drink business locations throughout the Gorge have suffered with closures. You can help support your favorites by purchasing take out and gift cards. Many of these business will offer curb-side delivery and some will deliver to your home. Let’s keep the Gorge going strong!
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Columbia Gorge News
Sign up to receive notifications when a new Columbia Gorge News e-Edition is published.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Receive weekly updates on obituaries and death notices.
Oregon Capital Press
Oregon Capital Press presented by Columbia Gorge News
Receive updates on upcoming promotions and special sections.
Receive weekly updates on local sports news.
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Deaths and Services, May 5, 2021 edition
- Affordable housing proves elusive
- CGCC board candidate addresses past felony
- Obituary: James Newton
- Sex offender arrested in TD
- Suit alleges breach of contract
- Plans reviewed for downtown Recreation Building
- Deaths and services, April 28, 2021 edition
- Obituary: Leona Osbourn
- Obituary: Anne Ward
- City of White Salmon to consider land use designation changes
- Gorge Sports Schedule from May 5
- Stimulus funding could help
- Mobile Vax event May 7 in The Dalles
- Burn bans expand in Klickitat County
- Volunteers needed for Community Clean-Up
- City survives pandemic losses
- This week in history: May 5, 2021