A fire boss fixed wing aircraft flies parallel to the cliff above southwest The Dalles, in the vicinity of Eagle Caves, on Aug. 31, tamping down the leading edge of the fire, which was contained below the ridge. The fire, burning in brush and oak, threatened homes above and below the cliff. Karen A. Davis from the U.S. Forest Service Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area credited “a quick response by airplanes and multiple agencies” as being “instrumental in stopping the forward progression of a wildfire originating in the south west area of the The Dalles.”
- MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN NORCOR
- Hiring Special Education Paraeducators - Mill A School
- Maintenance worker needed!
- COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER Emergency Management
- LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
- COOK Oregon Veterans' Home
- Help Wanted - Production Workers
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR/ RN
- ARMED SECURITY OFFICERS PPC
This year our dine and drink business locations throughout the Gorge have suffered with closures. You can help support your favorites by purchasing take out and gift cards. Many of these business will offer curb-side delivery and some will deliver to your home. Let’s keep the Gorge going strong!
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Columbia Gorge News
Sign up to receive notifications when a new Columbia Gorge News e-Edition is published.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Receive weekly updates on obituaries and death notices.
Oregon Capital Press
Oregon Capital Press presented by Columbia Gorge News
Receive updates on upcoming promotions and special sections.
Receive weekly updates on local sports news.
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Obituary: Charles Decker
- Deaths and services, Sept. 15, 2021 edition
- Variant surge peaks in Gorge
- Bar complaint against Nisley, Wolf referred to Disciplinary Counsel; Deputy DA under Nisley submits complaint
- CAT terminates assistant director
- National Championships in lawn mower racing held in Tygh Valley
- Obituary: Jim Payne
- Obituary: Jerry Walker
- Obituary: Willene “Billie” Schilling
- Black Lives Matter project vandalized in Goldendale; staff encouraged to share this as a teachable moment
- Comeback win over Banks propels Eagles into league season
- Kegler's Corner: Miller Time
- Larch Mountain trail repair at Multnomah Falls
- Columbia Gorge News wins state recognition
- News in Brief: Sept. 22, 2021
- Quinton St. storm sewer installation begins Sept. 21
- Suicide Prevention Awareness month: Signs of hope
- Weed of the Month: Puncturevine