THE DALLES — Take a Harvest Moon walk, Monday, Sept. 20 under the full moon on The Dalles’ Riverfront Trail. Enjoy a one hour interpretive nature walk with a Columbia Gorge Discovery Center astronomer and guide.
National Sports News
Three Babe Ruth teams, with players from The Dalles, Hood River and White Salmon, played a full local season this spring despite the many challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic. Local Babe Ruth baseball finished off the season on June 16.
Gorge Thunder 18U softball team traveled to Scottsdale, Ariz., for the Triple Crown Fall Showcase tournament Nov. 5, going 4-1 on the weekend and winding up a successful — and eventful — fall softball season, according to coach Jesse Bryan.
Zim’s and the season’s second-place team, finished in the same order after the Oct. 3-4 tournament at Collins Field in Hood River. The final games were played in sunny, windy conditions, a far cry from the 2019 storm-and-swamp the players endured in the final tournament, won by Brew Crushers…
Headlines straight to your inbox!
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular articles.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Glenwood advances to Big Sky district volleyball tourney
- The Dalles in contention for soccer playoff spot
- Playoff-bound Columbia now 3-2 in conference play
- Hood River girls lose fourth straight match, dashing playoff chances
- 1A Soccer Roundup — Horizon seeks soccer district playoff spot
- Redsides earn top seed in Big Sky volleyball tourney
- Fire cleanup undertaken at Marina
- Local historical figure featured in new mural