THE DALLES — Oregon U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley honored Wasco County Medical Reserve Corps volunteers during a virtual town hall Tuesday, June 1, for Wasco County residents.
Jesse Larson earned good marks in preschool, but he remembers realizing in first grade, at the tender age of 6, that he had to really apply himself to get top grades.
Only 3.4 percent of applicants got accepted to Harvard this year, the most competitive year in the university’s history. And Yahir Santillan-Guzman of The Dalles High School is still in shock that he’s one of them.
Oregon Second District Rep. Cliff Bentz told Columbia Gorge News he feels discussion of the 25th Amendment and Impeachment “are not productive toward the goal of a peaceful transition and will only divide our country more.”
Headlines straight to your inbox!
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- One Community Health Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Event on June 11 in The Dalles
- Northern Wasco County Parks & Rec awarded $2.6M for Mill Creek Greenway construction
- TDHS student heading to U of Chicago
- Sen. Merkley honors Medical Corp volunteers
- D 21 expects to welcome back students full time
- The show goes on for TDHS drama department
- Hood River Valley, The Dalles prepare for another girls basketball matchup
- The Dalles hangs with league leaders for a half