Bella Sims and Team U.S.A. Swimming finished in second place for the 4x200 meter freestyle relay race at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. Formatted as a tournament, the Olympics Games open competitions with preliminary races and events in order to narrow the playing field. Events that are typic…
Watching from their home in Odell, James and Dodie Sims saw their 16-year-old granddaughter, Arabella Sims — who also goes by Bella — qualify for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics as a member of Team U.S.A. Swimming.
Hood River film director Manny Marquez held a movie showing Feb. 26 at Double Mountain. The event showcased films and documentaries featuring the 2009 Tour de France, Tour of California and Dirty Finger Bicycle Repair and Sellwood Cycle Repair’s Dirty Sellwood race.
When baseball is mentioned, teams and players come to mind, like the Washington Nationals, Stephen Strasburg and Ken Griffey Jr.
Hood River’s hometown boy, Sean FitzSimons, competed in the Visa Big Air Dec. 20 at SunTrust Park in Atlanta. The event was sanctioned as an International Ski Federation snowboard and free ski world cup.
In a warmly lit dinner party on Friday, Dec. 27 at Farm Stand in Hood River, Alex Willis was serving food and raising money to go to the CrossFit Italian Showdown in Riccone, Italy, from April 24-26. The dinner party featured a menu of leafy greens and beet salad, festive chicken squash plat…
The 2019 NBA Draft occurred on Friday, beginning around 4 p.m. local time. It was held in New York City and was one of the most anticipated sporting events this year due to a select few athletes involved, the most significant being 18-year-old Zion Williamson.
When Kevin Durant signed with the Golden State Warriors for the 2016-2017 season, the basketball world let loose a collective gasp. Durant was one of the best players in the league and had nearly led the Oklahoma City Thunder to victory over the Warriors in the 2016 Western Conference Finals…
The championship contention is meant to be a grand spectacle. Two teams reach the peak, the pinnacle of competition for that year, and battle for glory that they all collectively set out for so many months ago when the season began. The NBA Finals is supposed to be a showcase of the best pla…
So none of my predictions came true for the Sweet Sixteen. Frankly, that’s in good keeping with my official bracket, which was ruined by the end of the first round. It’s sad to think this March Madness is almost over, but what a week of basketball. Close games, last second shots, heartbreak …
Last week, the U14 Western Region Alpine Ski Championships took place at Big Sky in Montana. The event showcased some of the nation’s youngest talent in Alpine skiing. Peyton Wells, of the Mount Hood Academy and Race Team and local Hood River Middle School student, finished third overall in …
- HOOD RIVER COUNTY IS
- Mental Health Therapists-School Based in White Salmon and Goldendale
- Skamania PUD No. 1 is Seeking Temporary, Full-time Journeyman Lineman
- IT Support Technician Klickitat PUD Goldendale
- TRUCK DRIVER HOOD RIVER
- St. Mary's Academy Teaching Position
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District Loan Fund Manager
- Seeking Warming Shelter Operations Manager
- SOFTWARE ENGINEER 4 Insitu
- CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT TRAINING
This year our dine and drink business locations throughout the Gorge have suffered with closures. You can help support your favorites by purchasing take out and gift cards. Many of these business will offer curb-side delivery and some will deliver to your home. Let’s keep the Gorge going strong!
Sign Up For Newsletters
Columbia Gorge News
Sign up to receive notifications when a new Columbia Gorge News e-Edition is published.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Receive weekly updates on obituaries and death notices.
Oregon Capital Press
Oregon Capital Press presented by Columbia Gorge News
Receive updates on upcoming promotions and special sections.
Receive weekly updates on local sports news.
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Death Notice: Don Nunamaker
- Lost Paco treks 18 miles to Mt. Defiance
- Obituary: Curtiss Buster
- Abigail Elder named HR city manager
- Obituary: William “Chuck” Hickerson Jr.
- Mosbrucker calls for reversing some police reforms
- Obituary: Jeffrey Miller
- New Gorge Response Team offers volunteer training
- Obituary: Donald Hoffman
- Obituary: Bertha Elliott
- Port of HR announces two daytime closures of Hood River-White Salmon Interstate Bridge on Oct. 18
- Police reports, Oct. 13, 2021
- Valley Christian hosts Christmas sale Nov. 6
- This week in history: Oct. 13, 2021
- The City Council: A fictional narrative of rural life in the American West: Episode 172: Early Roads and Bridges
- Senior Living: Happiness can be elusive amidst life’s challenges
- Gorge Local — In Business: Neon sign museum lights up TD mainstreet
- COVID and the Arts: For HRVHS theater, music departments, adaptability is crucial