General Election Day, and the start of election results week, is just under two weeks away.
The League of Women Voters of Hood River, Klickitat, and Skamania counties are holding events to register voters in time for the Nov. 3 election. Tuesday, Sept. 22 is National Voter Registration Day, a 50-State effort to register thousands of voters. The deadline for registering to vote is O…
Hood River County Health Department urges the community to be prepared for all hazards and potential emergency situations. In addition to the global COVID pandemic, this week, the area experienced wildfires and short-duration power outages.
In my first year of college at Columbia Gorge Community College in Hood River, I formed the Multicultural Club. Our first event was the screening of “Paper: Stories of Undocumented Youth.” The film is about the challenges of being an undocumented youth in this country. My adviser and I belie…
The activist group Hood River Indivisible organized Thursday’s protest at Second and Oak streets in response to intensification of violence between the U.S. and Iran, which peaked with last week’s killing of Iranian general Qassem Soleimani in Iraq by the United States military. The 4:30-5:3…
As a follow-up to the article and interview with U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley published in the June 19 edition, here are highlights from his town hall talk June 15 at Wy’east Middle School.
Oregon’s U.S. Senators Jeff Merkley and Ron Wyden are pressing Veterans Affairs about wait times at the Department of Veterans Affairs Community-Based Outpatient Clinic in Salem, which, according to a report by the Statesman Journal newspaper, is subjecting veterans to multi-month waits for …
Dr. David Russo, right, accepts Superintendent Dan Goldman’s congratulations after Russo was sworn in Wednesday as Director for Dist. 2, in the Hood River County School Board’s special meeting at Pine Grove School gymnasium. Russo was selected after brief interviews by a 3-2 vote, over fello…
Headlines straight to your inbox!
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Obituary: Jimmy Guthrie
- Mugen Noodle Bar blends culinary traditions
- Flagstone residents removed from facility
- First Hood River County COVID-19 fatality reported
- Learning at a distance: ‘It’s not easy’: Families maneuver school, work and equity concerns
- Obituary: Tim Boyette
- A long struggle for space: Warming shelters transition to a non-congregate, socially-distant model
- Obituary: Donald Carpenter
- Downtown trick-or-treat events canceled
- Obituary: Kraig Hull
- Mid-Columbia Senior Center hosts surplus sale Saturday
- Master Gardeners: Houseplants: A winter oasis
- Dickey Farms hosts 'Mini Harvest Fest' for kids this weekend
- Police reports, Oct. 21 edition
- Glenwood News: Get ready for ‘Shoebox Season,’ cattle on the road
- Lyle Community News: Dallesport-Murdock Fire Dept. will hold Halloween open house
- Candidate profiles: US Senate district #3, Washington
- Candidate profiles:Klickitat County Commissioner District #3