Details for TEMPORARY/ SEASONAL FACILITIES WORKER
PORT OF HOOD RIVER
This position is a temporary, seasonal, entry-level position for the Port’s Facilities Department. The Temp/Seasonal Facilities worker position works under the direction of the Facilities Manager or through the Lead and performs custodial duties, maintenance and repair of Port-owned properties, buildings, and facilities. Also performs custodial activities and maintenance/minor revisions of landscaped grounds and parks. The position requires flexible work hours and days assigned; weekend shifts will be required. Work typically begins in May and continues through Labor Day with some variance.
The position requires good communication skills and the ability to interact with Port tenants, vendors, and employees to provide custodial and security support in all areas of Port operation. The position also requires work to be performed at heights on building roofs and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds. The position will remain open until filled. Wage range: $12.00 - $13.75 per hour.
Applications and full job descriptions are available online at https://portofhoodriver.com/about-the-port/employment/.
This year our dine and drink business locations throughout the Gorge have suffered with closures. You can help support your favorites by purchasing take out and gift cards. Many of these business will offer curb-side delivery and some will deliver to your home. Let’s keep the Gorge going strong!
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Columbia Gorge News
Sign up to receive notifications when a new Columbia Gorge News e-Edition is published.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Receive weekly updates on obituaries and death notices.
Oregon Capital Press
Oregon Capital Press presented by Columbia Gorge News
Receive updates on upcoming promotions and special sections.
Receive weekly updates on local sports news.
News and Info from our Community Partners
Information from the News and our advertisers (Want to add your business to this to this feed?)
- Granddaughter of Hood River residents named to U.S. Olympic Swim Team Bella Sims qualifies for Team USA Swimming
- Insitu layoffs influenced by drawback from Afghanistan
- Former police officer Jeffrey Kienlen to sue over wrongful termination
- Deaths and services, July 21, 2021 edition
- Hodges takes over Riverhawk girls basketball program
- Armed subject shoots out street lamps in Hood River
- Two men indicted following pursuit: Suspects held on kidnapping, forgery following fraud check scam in The Dalles
- Poll: 1 in 5 say Black Lives Matter movement good for Oregon
- Eyes to the Fallen: Hood River filmmakers tell story of Anthony Marquez and his effort to remember fallen comrades
- Drought emergency declared in Washington
- Girls at the helm
- Summer Reading
- Millie’s Place Play & Learn Sessions
- The Old Parkdale Inn joins inns statewide to make map of waterfalls
- The Oregon Clinic opens new urology location in Hood River
- University notes: Pacific University announces Dean’s List. grads; Emory & Henry College has The Dalles grad
- Photo gallery: Scenes from the Hood River County Fair
- The Dalles Cascade Singers are back in action